...all things pertaining to the warmth and coziness of home

Sunday 1 December 2013

25 Days to Christmas!

O Christmas Tree
 
November was a busy month...hence only one blog post.
 But I am determined to post daily until Christmas.
It's my goal anyway. (Smile,Smile!)
In spite of all the busyness, I can at least say that I got the tree up.
This is a feat in and of itself and it is one that I do by myself.
The only time I had help was when my son was very young. (He just turned 18)
I would probably fix it up my way anyway. (Kinda like when you get your kids to fill up the dishwasher and then you take everything out and re-fill it!)
My tree has changed over the years.
I've gone from very Victorian to very Primitive. Now I'm kinda in between.
I have always liked the old Victorian cards, the children, and books.
Then I got into Primitives (my tree from last year is on my blogger header) and it didn't really mix, so of course I got rid of all my pink Victorian decorations. Now I think I have finally found my niche. I like the worn and torn, dull and shiny, old and new. I am learning to make it my own.
I saw this star at a thrift shop last year and loved it. It's a little top heavy to it's a tad bit crooked!
My husband and son strung the popcorn garland for me a few years ago and it's still together.
 The red beads I found at a thrift shop and I love the pop of festive red that it gives.
I found these wooden shoes at an antique mall a few years ago. I  have a soft spot for wooden shoes (being Dutch) and I thought they looked cute under the tree.
I leave the lights on the tree all the time. I love the look and it's even better at night.
 
I want each post to reflect the true meaning of Christmas.
 
"Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,  saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him." Matthew 2:1-2.
 
Blessings, Diane

1 comment :

  1. I love both of your trees, Diane. My tree is filled with the kids' ornaments, but I've always liked both primitive and Victorian decorating--great job! Dee ;)

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. I am blessed by each one. Diane