...all things pertaining to the warmth and coziness of home

Saturday 21 December 2013

25 Days of Christmas Day 21

First Day of Winter
 
Today is the first day of winter and it has been raining for the last two days.
 
Most of our snow is gone.
I just got some skates given to me and now I don't think I'll be able to use them.
 Go figure.
I stayed home all day.
Did some baking, laundry, dishes, and clean up.
There are four more days till Christmas.
Every year it jumps out at me and yells "I'm here"!
I tend to make myself too busy and I never allow myself to relax and enjoy the season.
 
I baked a cinnamon streusel cake for friends who hosted my son's 18th birthday because our home is too small for all of his friends.
You can find the recipe here at Picture Perfect Cooking.
I baked it last week and brought it to work and everyone loved it. (I increased the amount of streusel because it seemed like it wouldn't be enough)
 
 We're having some friends for lunch after church tomorrow, so I worked on some goodies for them too which I'll show later.
 
Blessings, Diane

Linking to:
Shabby Art Boutique

No comments :

Post a Comment

I so appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. I am blessed by each one. Diane