...all things pertaining to the warmth and coziness of home

Friday 13 December 2013

25 Days of Christmas Day 13

No Sew Christmas Runner
 
This is a remake of a post I did last year.
A no sew runner with just a bit of hand stitching.
Just rip a piece of muslin or osnaburg to the size that you need for the spot that you want to display it.
Rip all four sides so the edges will be straight and unravelled.
If you like the stained look just keep some leftover coffee or tea and soak it evenly, rinse it, and let it dry on a rack or on low heat in the oven on an old cookie sheet.
Cut a piece of flannel 1/2 an inch smaller than the muslin for a backing for your hand stitching.
I need a line to guide me or my letters would be everywhere.
I used my 40% off coupon at Michaels to get these stamped letters.
I chose "Silent Night Holy Night".
Using an embroidery hoop stitch some white stars or snowflakes to add that light touch.
 
 
 
 
A simple Christmas touch to my bobbin display.
 
Blessings, Diane

Linking up to The Charm Of Home
               Common Ground
                                       Chic on a Shoestring Decorating
                  The Thrifty Groove
              The Shabby Nest
                    My Romantic Home
                         French Country Cottage

5 comments :

  1. This is wonderful! I would love to try a version of this for my mantel! Thanks for stopping by and visiting! Thank you for linking up to this week's Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Thanks for sharing this at TTF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your little mantel runner! I am going to be getting a set of letters for stamping as soon as I can find one. Thanks for sharing. I will be back to visit again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great runner! Thank you for sharing at TTF last week and I am featuring this post today at TTG FB page! https://www.facebook.com/thethriftygroove

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much!! I'll be back sharing at your party!
      Blessings, Diane

      Delete

I so appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. I am blessed by each one. Diane