...all things pertaining to the warmth and coziness of home

Wednesday 18 December 2013

25 Days of Christmas Day 18

Christmas Moon
 
It's a full moon tonight. It beautiful. It's hanging amongst the clouds and looks so pretty.
I was driving home from an appointment and had to force myself to keep my eyes on the road.
When I got home I asked my son to go out to take pictures of the moon for me.
The moon doesn't look too round does it? (smile)
I don't have a fancy camera so this isn't the greatest shot but you get the idea.
It reminded me of George Bailey in It's a Wonderful Life out with his girl Alice.
He says, "“What is it you want, Mary? What do you want? You want the moon? Just say the word and I'll throw a lasso around it and pull it down. Hey. That's a pretty good idea. I'll give you the moon, Mary. ”
This is one of my favourite Christmas movies. It reminds me of how in life we sometimes have to set aside our own desires for the benefit of others. Sacrifices to make. But in that act of giving and sacrificing there is something spiritual that happens. It affects the atmosphere in ways we can't understand.
In the end George Bailey discovers that spiritual realization and that what he has is far greater than the sacrifices he made.
 
Love came down from heaven and sacrificed Himself.
 
looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Hebrews 12:2
 
Jesus was our sacrifice lamb. But we were the joy that was set before Him and that far outweighed the pain and suffering He endured on the cross.
Such wonderful love!
 
Is there a sacrifice you have to make this Christmas season? The blessing of it will far outweigh the sacrifice made. Let love reign in your heart.
 
Blessings, Diane
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

I so appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. I am blessed by each one. Diane