...all things pertaining to the warmth and coziness of home

Tuesday 3 December 2013

25 Days of Christmas! Prince of Peace

Prince of Peace
 
Welcome to Day 3 of 25 Days of Christmas!
 
It is now midnight and I am posting to keep my commitment of 25 days.
I work as a nurse for a family doctor. On Tuesday nights I volunteer at the Windsor Life Centre.
This makes Tuesdays a long day for me. I also have another casual nursing position which also required my attention this evening. (much of the remainder of my evening)
 
So what could I post about??? I have been having some issues with my accelerator lately. It would stick and eventually it would get a bit better. I brought it into the shop last year but of course it didn't happen when they looked at it.
Well this afternoon on the way home from work, I was sitting at a stoplight and when the light turned green I could not get that accelerator to accelerate! I barely crawled through the intersection to get to the next side street. I put it in park and tried to rev the engine. After a few minutes I was able to get the accelerator to work by pressing down on the very bottom of it with the toe of my shoe. I prayed they whole way to the autoshop.
While on the way, I thought about how God is always with us no matter what roadblocks we face. He is always looking to keep us and protect us. That gives me peace.
 
And then I thought of it!

 Jesus is the Prince of Peace.
That brings me to Handel's Messiah. Yes...that glorious, majestic, and wondrous song of worship.
It was originally made for Easter but has become a Christmas classic.
You can read more of the history of this song here.
George Frideric Handel
1685-1759
You can hear the song as sung by the London Symphony Orchestra.
 
Preparing for the Christmas holidays can be a busy and stressful time. But in all that you do or prepare to do always remember to walk in peace because the Prince of Peace lives in you!
 
For unto us a Child is born,
Unto us a Son is given;
And the government will be upon His shoulder.
And His name will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Isaiah 9:6 
 
Blessings, Diane
 

1 comment :

  1. So glad you made it safely to the shop! I absolutely love The Messiah--it's an amazing creation! I haven't heard it in a long time, so thanks for posting this. Dee :)

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. I am blessed by each one. Diane