...all things pertaining to the warmth and coziness of home

Tuesday 17 December 2013

25 Days of Christmas Day 17

Better Homes and Gardens December 1961
 
I was four months old when this was out. 
I purchased this magazine a few years ago at the Southworks Antiques mall in Cambridge ON. I wanted to browse through a magazine in my birth year to see what the magazine world was like when I entered this world.
 
Lots of good recipes.
An article about how the different faiths celebrate Christmas.
Advertising for a game as a gift. I recognize most of these!
An advertisement for a refrigerator. This is the new line for 1962!
Notice how this is a large family. Five children. When is the last time you saw this size of family in advertising?
A beautiful arrangement of Christmas goodies with lots of red! 
 
Brownies...Mmmm!
 
 
This is a Christmas play.
Some of the characters. 
An article on taking family pictures at Christmas.
Advertisement for books.
I love the vintage drawings!
A couple of cartoons at the back of the magazine.
In this cartoon Santa gets a gift. He doesn't look too happy!
A full page ad with a message from President John F. Kennedy about the importance of magazines.
There is 104 pages in this magazine.
There is a lot that is so much the same and yet a lot that is so much different.
That was 52 years ago.
Hope you enjoyed browsing.
 
Blessings, Diane
 
 

1 comment :

  1. What a cute, cute post!! I loved seeing the ruffled teal double server in use now that we see them as vintage! Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my neighbordhood tour! Happy holidays! ~Zuni

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. I am blessed by each one. Diane