...all things pertaining to the warmth and coziness of home

Friday 20 December 2013

25 Days of Christmas Day 20

Last Minute Touches
 
Christmas is five days away and I'm still adding some touches.
 I've been wanting to get this done, but just haven't had the time...or energy. We're having friends over on Sunday so it's the umph I need to get it done.
 I have enjoyed looking at how other bloggers are decorating and I really like the "snow globe" touches I've seen so I thought I'd try my own the best I could 
I took the lid off to get a better look at this little Christmas scene. 
I love this vintage Christmas card and it looks nice against the ironstone plate. 
 Vintage Christmas cards...I love them!
I recently acquired my paternal grandmother's silver spoons. The Bible is in Dutch and is/was my Father's.
 This is a young picture of her on a tag that I made. 
 

 Rusty graters with tea lights in them add a nice warm glow.
Love this silver platter. 
 
It's sad to think this will all have to be put away soon. We'll be leaving on the 24th for five days to be with family. We have never been home on Christmas but I still like to decorate.
I enjoy the warmth and coziness that it brings.
It is soothing to look at and brings my heart joy. 
 
Blessings, Diane

2 comments :

  1. Very nice Diane. I love your imagination and creativity. Have a happy Christmas! God Bless.
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks so nice! I love how you have displayed cards and the 'snow globe' effect is perfect! Thanks for sharing at TTF!

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. I am blessed by each one. Diane