...all things pertaining to the warmth and coziness of home

Monday 23 December 2013

25 Days of Christmas Day 23

Snow-Covered Almond Crescents
 
 
If you like almond desserts, you will love these cookies. They're like a shortbread. And they look so pretty covered in snow! I forgot to take pictures until I was almost done, but I don't think you need pictures if you know how to bake. I found this recipe from Kraft Canada
 
Ingredients:
 
1 pkg Cream Cheese
3/4 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
2 1/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup ground almonds
3/4 cup icing sugar
 
Beat cream cheese, butter, sugar, vanilla and almond extract in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add flour and baking soda; mix well.
Stir in ground almonds.  Cover (I put the batter in a large ball and wrap it with saran wrap.)
Refrigerate 30 minutes.
 
Preheat oven to 350 F. Shape dough into one inch balls then form each ball into crescent shape. I roll them between both hands a bit and then shape them. Place two inches apart on greased baking sheets. Flatten slightly.
 
Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. (I don't like to brown mine)
Cool slightly on baking sheets.
 
You can see a tad bit of brown on some of the ends. I pack my cookie sheets. I use the air bake cookie sheets and never have a problem burning my cookies. I also always under bake.
Sprinkle with icing sugar. Cool completely.
 
These are delicious and very easy to make. They would make a nice gift as well.

We always travel three hours to visit family for Christmas. They were hit with an ice storm over the weekend and still have no power. We won't be able to go until they have their power restored, so it's  a "wait and see" for now.
Very thankful for the blessings that I have.
So thankful for the goodness and protection of God.
 
Blessings, Diane

No comments :

Post a Comment

I so appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. I am blessed by each one. Diane