...all things pertaining to the warmth and coziness of home

Saturday 6 September 2014

A rainbow...just for me!

There is just something about a rainbow.
Actually there are many things when you think about it.
 
The colours...always in the same order (Isaac Newton)
 
Red
Orange
Yellow
Green
Blue
Indigo
Violet
 
When there is a double rainbow, the colours are reversed (thanks Wikipedia!)
 
The perfect shape of an arc.
 
The amazing story of Noah's Ark always comes to mind.
 
The rainbow was God's promise that He would never destroy the earth with a flood again.
 
Whenever it rains and the light of the sun is nearby, I always run out to find a rainbow.
It's been a long time since I've seen a complete arc.
On Wednesday evening I had a client to visit. When I left and walked out the front door there was a perfect, beautiful, arc of a rainbow right in front of me.
As I was admiring it, God said to me "Just for you".
Wasn't that sweet?
I've been asking to see one for a long time.
A beautiful rainbow for me to see, and everyone else was blessed to see it too!
These pictures were taken with my phone.
When I got home I grabbed my camera because there was still a piece of the rainbow to be seen.
But it couldn't be seen from my back yard.
So I took these pictures of the sky...just as amazing!
 
 
 
In Roman 1:20 it says,
For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God...
 
While I admire and appreciate God's wonderful creation, I do not worship it, but I worship the One who created it.
 
Isaiah 45:18
For this is what the LORD says-- he who created the heavens, he is God; he who fashioned and made the earth, he founded it; he did not create it to be empty, but formed it to be inhabited-- he says: "I am the LORD, and there is no other.
 God created the earth and the fullness thereof for our sustenance and our enjoyment.
 
Do you ever feel like God had something special just for you to see?
 
God cares.
 
Blessings,




 
 

 

1 comment :

  1. Hi Diane, thanks for visiting my blog. Sounds like your sewing machine has served you well. I had no idea that rainbows had the same pattern of colors. Interesting. Thanks for adding my link to your sidebar. Blessings to you. ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. I am blessed by each one. Diane