...all things pertaining to the warmth and coziness of home

Friday 1 August 2014

Here a Touch,There a Touch...of Daisies!

 
I'm a little nervous.
It's been awhile since my last post.
I feel like I'm starting for the first time again.
 
It's hard to get back into the groove when you've been out of it for awhile.
I've missed it.
But I put too much expectations on myself.
Especially when there are so many beautiful blogs out there.
I honestly just don't have the time.
But why do we always have to measure ourselves to others?
We make ourselves miserable.
I make myself miserable.
 
I've been wanting to post again for awhile. Took pictures. Visited Pic Monkey.
 Then I ran out of steam.
What catching post title should I use?
There are so many others with much more interesting stories to share than me.
 See there I go again :(
 
Ready for today's post?
Here goes!!
 
The other day, I bought a bouquet of daisies for $10 and a bouquet of Baby's Breath for $3 (50% off), with the intention of making many smaller bouquets.
I didn't take any pictures of my mess, but I'm sure you can picture it.
 
As I was separating the flowers I was thinking about when Jesus took the bread and fish and they just kept multiplying!. Wouldn't that be cool to do?! Maybe one day!
Back to the daisies...
These are some of the finished products all lined up for your viewing pleasure.
 (I had to take everything off anyways to dust it)
A little ironstone vignette I have near the kitchen sink.
 
The bottom half of my display shelf. (Working on the top shelf)
Ironstone, glass jars, and daisies!
I love this little milk jug I found at a thrift shop.
 And of course the old mason jars always make a good vase!
 
All the white looks so fresh and pretty!
 
 Flowers on old books.
 
I love Baby's Breath.  Sometimes I use it alone for decorating.
It adds a quiet floral touch.
 
I have these two sitting in my kitchen window.
I bought four mini jars at the dollar store for this reason,
 but once I got the flowers in only three would fit.
Another view. I'm still working on where home will be for this box.
 
A daisy is such a sweet simple flower. They grow everywhere. Not expensive to buy.
They make your soul smile.
I love things that make the soul glad.
 
One bunch of flowers that can spread sunshine all around the house.
 
Do you have a flower that makes your soul glad?
 
I want to give a very special "Thank you" to Patty for the encouragement to keep posting.
That meant more than you will ever know.
 
Looking back over this post I have discovered that these weren't even daisies, they're carnations!
What a great return post! Ha! Yes, I am blonde.
I've been staring at daisies in front of me while I was typing. I'll show you those another day.
Oops!
Good thing I know how to laugh at myself.
 
Blessings,

.
 
 









No comments :

Post a Comment

I so appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. I am blessed by each one. Diane