...all things pertaining to the warmth and coziness of home

Tuesday 6 November 2012

Revamped Footstool



I am always on the prowl while at a thrift shop for small pieces of furniture that I can add my personal touch to. I found a footstool and brought it home. My husband tore it apart for me and we were left with the bare bones.  It's a bit of work but it looks so nice when it's done. I repainted the legs and threw everything else out except the wood and the hardware. It took me awhile to decide which fabric to use because I wanted it to "fit" in with the look of the living room. I also wanted to use something that wouldn't look dirty very easily. I bought new padding from the fabric shop and a thin foam pad to go around the base of the footstool. I used a cute vintage fabric that I purchased from The Quilt Junction in Waterford ON (www.quiltjunction.ca). The top of the footstool was covered with fabric that I had purchased awhile ago and was hoping to make curtains or a roman blind with. It actually works pretty good.






Ugly fabric huh!

I used the Folk Art Acrylic linen colour paint on the legs, and applied two coatings of mod podge.


The base was covered with a thin padding and then fabric.



Attaching the legs with a screwdriver.





This picture is sideways but we just wrapped it as good as we could and stapled away!



This is the top of the footstool. Looks like the kitten is working her way to the top of the couch!

A close up of the fabric I used. They actually work well together!




Voila! The finished product! It's very comfortable and the perfect height to rest our weary feet!






No comments :

Post a Comment

I so appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. I am blessed by each one. Diane