...all things pertaining to the warmth and coziness of home

Monday 19 August 2013

Vintage Birthday Gift

My birthday was last week, but because it was on a busy week day, my husband and I celebrated it on Saturday. We drove not far from home to check out a few shops and ended the day by having supper at a Tea Room.
We arrived a bit early (it opened at 5:00) so we went for a walk up the street.

We were in Kingsville, Ontario
This is the store that I almost missed.
Before I show you my gift, I have to show you the store! It was beautiful!
 The store owner paints a lot of the items in this store for that cottage/shabby look.
 
My gift was sitting on this table.
 The floor was stencilled in white. So pretty!
There's Doug paying for my gift.
 Treasure chest of old silver.
 
Before I go any further, you have to know that while I enjoy wearing jewellery, I do not care to wear the expensive stuff. That's not me. That's a good thing for my husband too!! I like silver, and I love the vintage look.
When I saw this, I said, "Doug, I just found my birthday gift from you!"
 
 
I know it's not brand new, but I just thought it was pretty and feminine and vintagy!
 The clerk even took $5.00 off for us!
 And to think that if we had arrived at the Tea Room 15 minutes later I would have missed this.
It made my day.
It made Doug's too!
 
My hubby and I after finishing our most delicious meal!
This was my meal. Pickerel and Frites. It was a work of art and very tasty too!
A carrot flower! How cute!
This was Doug's meal. Steak and Frites. Doug had no complaints about his meal either!
 
 
 
We had a really nice day together.
I am blessed with a good husband who is willing to go with me to stores
 he normally would not got to,
 and eat in a Tea Room where he is the only male in a room full of women.
 Thank you honey!
 
Blessings, Diane
 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

I so appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. I am blessed by each one. Diane