...all things pertaining to the warmth and coziness of home

Saturday 2 February 2013

Pancakes on Groundhog Day

For some reason I have always thought that Pancake Day was on Groundhog Day. I don't know why I thought that, it just got stuck in my head somehow. It was only last year that I found out I had been serving pancakes on the wrong day all along! ( I make them periodically, but always made it a point to make them on Feb 2.) But now my son Josh has the expectation that pancakes will be served on Groundhog Day. Isn't it funny how we get things "stuck" in our heads? It's kind of an odd feeling when you realize you believed something that was not true. Serving pancakes on Groundhog Day does not really matter. What matters is having the Word of God "stuck" in my head...right? Because God's Word is true and will never steer you in the wrong direction. "Thy word have I hid in my heart" from Psalm 119:11, "that I might not sin against you." Some things need to get "unstuck" in our heads or hearts. That has happened to me many times over the years and I'm sure it will happen again. OK, back to the pancakes.

 
 
Talking about "stuck", I use the same recipe all the time!
 
Blueberries were picked last summer.


 
 
 
Mmmm!

 
 
 
Here is the recipe that I use.
 
Buttermilk Pancakes
(Taken from The Monarch Flour, Canadian Cook Book)
Blend together: 
  • 2 cups flour (I sometimes use 1 cup whole wheat with one cup white)
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tbsp granulated sugar
Beat 2 eggs
 
Blend in:
  • 1 3/4 cups buttermilk (I use 1/4 cup vinegar with 1/2 cups milk)
  • 1/4 cup melted butter
Add 1-2 cups blueberries
 
Stir liquid into dry ingredients, beating until almost smooth. Pour batter onto preheated
griddle. Turn when bubbles break on surface.
Serve hot with butter and maple syrup.
 
Enjoy on Fat Tuesday!!
 
Blessings, Diane
 
 
 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

I so appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. I am blessed by each one. Diane