...all things pertaining to the warmth and coziness of home

Thursday 6 March 2014

The Absolute Best Banana Bread

In my last post I mentioned that I had made some
Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
for the ladies at the Windsor Life Centre where I volunteer every week.
 
I added chocolate chips to a banana cake recipe that I have made for years.
 
Recipe
 
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup sour milk (I use 1/4 cup vinegar and 1/2 cup milk; combine before starting)
2 med-large bananas smashed or to equal one cup.
 
Grease and flour a 9 x 5" loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.
 (Depends on your oven)
Beat the first four ingredients very well until it is fluffy
 and looks more white than yellow.
Add the dry ingredients and stir in well.
Add the sour milk.
Smash up the bananas just before you are ready to put them in the batter
so it doesn't start turning brown.
Gently hand stir in the smashed bananas. I always do this at the end.
This recipe works well as a doubled recipe.
(When you have extra bananas that are at the point when your family won't eat them)
When I double the recipe, I use a bundt pan and a smaller loaf pan (8 x 4).


 
If you do a double recipe you can get 36 large muffins. I added two cups of chocolate chips to the recipe. I always use the paper cups when making muffins, and they peel off quite easily.

It really is the best Banana Bread!

Try it and see (taste!)
 
Blessings,

To see some of the parties I like to join in on click here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I so appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. I am blessed by each one. Diane